A Need for Solutions
The National Physicians Conference was developed in response to an outcry from the medical world. In today’s times, medical doctors are faced with more challenges than ever before. In addition to strict and ever-changing laws and regulations, practice owning physicians and medical administrators are encountering higher costs, increased competition, and new patient challenges and frustrations. They are faced with stricter prior authorization requirements, narrowing provider networks, declining reimbursement rates, rapidly changing technology, and countless other obstacles.
Bringing it all together
NPC studied these challenges and created an agenda and exhibitor floor dedicated to providing solutions. The event draws medical practice directors and partners seeking solutions to improve their business and increase their bottom line. In a time when increasing patient loads and making difficult salary and staffing cuts seems like the only answer, NPC provides solutions and education to improve the business side of practicing medicine.
Topics covered at the National Physicians Conference will consist of those most posed for producing effective short and long-term results. A few highlighted topics from our industry experts include:
1. Insurance Negotiation
Discover strategies to improve payer-physician relationships, promote patient satisfaction, and in doing so, boost revenue for your practice.
- Contracts Management and Credentialing: Learn how to negotiate higher quality contracts and win larger reimbursements.
- Contracts Review and Analysis: Uncover and limit unnecessary risk.
- Payer Negotiation – Discover key factors to address and what works in negotiating.
- Provider Enrollment – Master the techniques to capture maximum provider revenue.
- Renegotiating Reimbursement Rates – Devise a strategy with the right numbers, figures, and facts to present at the negotiating table.
How to save time, streamline processes, and create a better patient experience through technology:
- Integrating telemedicine services throughout the organization’s clinical operations.
- Impact of automation, AI, intelligent – opportunities for optimization and revolutionizing patient management to save time & resources.
- Improved communication between patients and their care teams through technology.
- Strategies for harnessing interoperability at your practice – investing in the right EHR vendor.
- Accelerating business operations/bridge gaps between technologies through cloud infrastructure.
- IoT strategies to tackle pressing issues such as patient engagement, chronic disease management and patient safety.
3. Alternative Careers
Proven ways physicians can supplement their clinical income:
- Supplement your clinical income with lucrative home-based work
- Find and land high paying non-clinical jobs
- Earn money as a physician writer
- Start, build and run a successful medical expert witness practice, consulting practice, or disability and file review practice
- How to become an effective medical expert witness
4. Practice Efficiency
Physician office efficiency – addressing issues in poor communication, workflow snags, misused technology, fixing bad time management habits:
- Delegating & working at the top of your license
- Mapping workflow
- Motivating employees
- Avoiding/reducing no-shows
- Efficiency in patient scheduling
- Streamlining Patient Access operations to maximize resources, better serve patients and gain more value for their services
- Effective data management – financial, operational and clinical performance info that can help healthcare orgs/practices make informed, high-impact business decisions required for survival in an increasingly competitive and complex marketplace
Learn more at NPCmd.org.